Thursday, June 28, 2007

trip to nyc

A couple weeks ago I was in NYC for work. I wanted to take pictures of each meal, since I knew the food would be outstanding. As happens, I ended up only taking two.

My coworker and I had lunch at the bar in the hotel's restaurant. (not just any hotel, we stayed at the 60 Thompson and the restaurant is called Kittichai.)

I had tempura bass with chili dipping sauce. And a ginger, coconut martini. Yum.
my lunch at kittichai

Leslie had the raw tuna with little pastry cups and a great sauce. They were both superb.
food at kittichai

After lunch, I had an agenda. There were some stores I'd been reading about online and wanted to shop at. So I dragged Leslie to Purl Soho and Purl Patchwork. I managed to walk away spending only $30 for these lovely fat quarters.
My purchases from Purl Patchwork

Little did I know that one of my favorite bloggers Jane from Yarnstorm was in nyc about the same time and she wrote a great blog post on Purl.

We also went to Kate's Paperie where I bought some envelope samples and a book of graphic ornaments.

No comments: