Friday, November 18, 2005

2006 New Year's Resolution

I tend not to make "resolutions." I tend to create goals and projects for myself throughout the year. (Hence Project Vicki)

So I'm not really making a new year's resolution, I'm merely making a goal for 2006.

Here it goes:
I want to get published in 2006. I want to sell my craft ideas to magazines, get them published, and get paid.

Minimum:
The minimum goal is to have at least one thing publish.

Ideal:
I'm aiming to have one design published a month.

Reach for the stars:
And the best goal would be to publish enough to pay for a membership to the Society of Craft Designers. ($135) I was a member for one year, but it's too pricey for me.

I've decided that I will spend my commute time on the bus designing and writing instructions. I figure one idea a week is reasonable. After all, I'll be rejected more often than i'm accepted.

Status:
Feb 21, submitted Wedding card takes the cake to Paper Crafts Mag, by electronic submission.
March 31, submitted Wedding card to Fred Flare's next best thing.
June 21, submitted Bride's day (hand-carved bride stamp) to Paper Crafts Mag by electronic submission.
July 3, submitted Santa's Suit Favor Bags to Crafts N' Things magazine
July 18 - SUCCESS! Pack-o-Fun magazine wants to publish my santa's bags!!! I'm so tickled.

Sept 27 - received contract from Pack-o-Fun. Goal complete!

No comments: