Thursday, January 19, 2006

Why don't I have crafty friends?

Why don't I have crafty friends?

I've been thinking about this lately. Don't get me wrong, I do have some crafty friends. LL is a jack of all trades, KF makes some pretty cards, AK can make nice jewelry when she wants to, and all of my girlfriends have demonstrated creative talent. We made wedding favors and shoes for the bride for pete's sake!

But we never get together and craft. We don'tdiscuss our creative roadblocks or ask for each other's help. They're not obsessed like me! There's no Stitch n Bitch, or artist's retreats, like I read about on so many blogs.

What can I do about it? What AM i going to do about it?
1.I could form a crafty group. Start with my friends. Have them bring their friends. And if no one shows up, I could still spend that time crafting alone.
2. I could invent a project, like a swap, either among my friends or among the internet world.
3.I could sign up for another crafty class. I do this every year or two, but never manage to make friends from them. Maybe an attitude adjustment is called for.
4. I could go to some local art-store gallery openings, like There She Goes, and talk to designers, get familiar with their faces, submit stuff to sell. (this is a pipe dream)
5. ???



In other news I updated my store with new pictures and a new purse.

No comments: