Thursday, August 31, 2006

Prepared for an emergency

September is National Preparedness Month and while I think "preparedness" is a terrible word, I've had "prepare for an emergency" on my list of projects to undertake.

There are many areas where it makes sense to plan for an emergency:
- financially. I think I can cross this off the list
- computer. I've never backed up my home computer, and though there's notmuch vital information on it, I have some crafty projects I wouldn'twant to lose.
- career. I keep my resume up to date but I don't have any freelance, or experience outside of work.
- survival kit. There are lots of sites that tell you what to keep. One idea I recently read about was to stash not just cash, but quarters, and dollar bills.
- identity theft. I'm not sure how you can prepare for this. Any thoughts?

Anyone have anything to add?

No comments: